Fresh Water Fishes

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

PrimitiveTim

Fresh Water Fishes

Post by PrimitiveTim »

Over the summer I got into a lot of cool clear water. Was able to see quite a variety of freshwater fish. Here are some of them.

VICtort

Re: Fresh Water Fishes

Post by VICtort »

Fun footage... I am guessing you are diving major springs? Clarity is remarkable. I especially enjoyed seeing the gar. You might consider wearing a thin wetsuit or danskin, it will protect you from sunburn, abrasion, and break up your outline and improve your bottom time and ability to approach fish...stealth.

Thanks for sharing, a warm Florida spring would be a nice place to be now.

Vic
PrimitiveTim

Re: Fresh Water Fishes

Post by PrimitiveTim »

Thanks Vic. In the description of this video there's a link to my blog that will tell all about the locations. Yes, two locations were popular springs and the third place was a huge sink hole back in the woods. Had the whole place to myself. I wouldn't call them warm springs though. I shiver every time I'm in that water. I don't really like wetsuits and I haven't really had any problems with the issues you mentioned. I try to keep things as simple as possible. There are some other freediving videos on the channel if you're interested too. You sound like a freediver yourself.