2014 NW FHF Member Trips

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Do you plan on attending one or more the 2014 NW Group Outings?

Poll ended at April 10th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Yes, I will be there for sure.
40%
No, I am not interested or wont be able to attend.
20%
Possibly, not sure if I can make it at this time though.
40%

Total votes: 5

TravisK

2014 NW FHF Member Trips

Post by TravisK »

Hey guys, we need to get more ideas on trip locations so I can start a thread and a poll with the top two picks being where we go. Please list some thoughts for a 2-4 day outing.

So far we have...

*Yakima River, Umptanum, Ellensburg
*Snake River area OR/ID border
*Central WA, Vantage, Hanford (personally I have organized trips in this area for the last two years so it's not high on my list)
*WA/OR Columbia River Gorge

I would like other peoples input so throw out some ideas, even if you don't think you can make it. FYI, I am itching for spring! As I am typing this I am looking out my office windows to heavy snowfall... sigh
M Wolverton

Re: 2014 NW FHF Member Trips

Post by M Wolverton »

I'll make it for at least two of them.
TravisK

Post by TravisK »

LOL!

Mike at this rate we will just need to bring enough drink for two. :beer:
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Ha - give it a little time Travis. Since people don't post on this forum every day, most people aren't going to check it every day. (That's a reason to post more field pictures posts, even if they're old ones, as long as they're interesting.)

I voted "no" because I don't expect to be in America in 2014. But that could change, and if it does, I will likely want to attend a trip and will let you guys know about it.

Here's some eye candy from this week - my best ever in India:

M Wolverton

Post by M Wolverton »

Cool stuff, especially the russel's viper.
zonbonzovi

Post by zonbonzovi »

Yakima R./Umtanum just because I won't have to drive so damned far and if the critters stay home there is fishing/hiking/beer/floating in no particular order.

The Columbia Gorge because there are so many possible side trips/niches & because I'd like to photograph some caudates I haven't seen before(and get some better shots of Dicamptodons)

Ya know me, Travis...herps < inverts (blasphemy!) so my opinion is meh. I'm in just for the company, travel, photo ops & nerdery.

Anyone ever play down by the Lewis River/Mt. Adams area? For some reason it keeps catching my eye...

Edit: I hope I didn't seem dismissive toward herps...on the contrary...what y'all do here with data collection is fantastic, above and beyond the recreational aspect of "seeing what's out there in the field". I need to stop procrastinating, look through the photo archives and post some finds.
TravisK

Post by TravisK »

Looking forward to hanging out with you again John. :beer:
TravisK

Post by TravisK »

Hey Guys we need to sort this out so people can secure dates and get days off if needed. If you can think of any more locations lets hear it soon.