Per Psyon's request

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Brad Alexander

Per Psyon's request

Post by Brad Alexander »

A recent shot of a garter I took locally. I know I still need to fix the horizon (slightly).

chad ks

Re: Per Psyon's request

Post by chad ks »

I know that some of you obsessive compulsive idiosyncratic photography junkies may think that the horizon has to be perfectly linear, but I don't. I would start by creating more contrast between the snake and the wood it's sitting on so that it pops more. It's easy to make an animal pop when it's colorful and stands out against earth tones, but with a snake colored like this the challenge becomes finding something in the background to make it stand out...but of course, the shot is 99.9% perfect if you ask me. Yours are always if not the best then some of the best shots on here, keep em coming! :beer:
Daryl Eby

Post by Daryl Eby »

chad ks wrote:I know that some of you obsessive compulsive idiosyncratic photography junkies may think that the horizon has to be perfectly linear, but I don't.
Hey, it's not just a question of composition and personal preference. That pond in the background was flooded when Brad first posted this photo. It is draining quickly and will be bone dry soon if he doesn't level it out.

Seriously though, great shot!
justinm

Post by justinm »

I think there was a thread for this already.
Brad Alexander

Post by Brad Alexander »

Chad - yahda yahda yahda, but thanks, (I think).

Daryl - Thanks dude!

Justin - I can't create my own post? I was plannng on sharing the shot of this Thamnophis anyway. As it turned out, Psyon had also requested images of garters. Lacking a catchy subject line, I used "per psyon's request". If you'd like, I can go post it in psyon's thread too.
chad ks

Post by chad ks »

Brad Alexander wrote:Chad - yahda yahda yahda, but thanks, (I think).

Daryl - Thanks dude!

Justin - I can't create my own post? I was plannng on sharing the shot of this Thamnophis anyway. As it turned out, Psyon had also requested images of garters. Lacking a catchy subject line, I used "per psyon's request". If you'd like, I can go post it in psyon's thread too.
hmmm, you had to think? Here:

G O O D P I C T U R E B R AAAAAA D !!!!
Brad Alexander

Post by Brad Alexander »

:)
Erik Williams

Post by Erik Williams »

Dang, tail amputation :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: