Some fall finds

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

mikephoto

Some fall finds

Post by mikephoto »

I ended up photographing 40 species of native Wisconsin herps this year. It was truly a great year and I appreciate all the folks who helped me in my journey. Sadly things are winding down, the weather man is telling me "you don't have many days left". Here's a few more photos from this fall. We'll see you all next year!

ImageMJD_3706_1024_final by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageMJD_3633_1024_final by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageMJD_3576_1024_final by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4277_1024_final by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4262_1024_title1 by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageMJD_3508_1024_final by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageMJD_3341_1024_title1 by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageMJD_3229_1024_title2 by heavensherps, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4182_1024_title1 by heavensherps, on Flickr
pjfishpa

Re: Some fall finds

Post by pjfishpa »

Great pics! Like that last fox photo on the water, nice shot. 40 herps in WI is pretty good in my opinion! Thanks for all the posts.
Philrezin1

Post by Philrezin1 »

Hey Mike, I met you up on a certain bluff with my brother last year (you were showing a friend around trying to find him a timber) and just wanted to say your pics are amazing! Great work and I may be setting up a Necedah massassauga trip because I have a cabin nearby. Let me know if you'd be interested! Phil
mikephoto

Post by mikephoto »

Hey Phil how are things with you? Thanks for the compliment on the photos. Here's my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101256882@N07/ . We found a lot of cool animals this year. I'm always up for a herping trip especially if saugas are involved. It seems like the season is winding down fast. Forecast for Saturday is 48 and rain. Ugggggh.
Philrezin1

Post by Philrezin1 »

Hey Mike, things are good! I didn't get much time to herp this year, just a bit on our family vacation to Florida and a snake road trip, although I did good on both! The sauga trip wouldn't be til next April likely :(.. The flickr account is excellent, my cousin has a photo gallery and your stuff is on par with his. Really wanna herp with you and glean some knowledge though because I don't have that kinda luck in Wisconsin (although I assume you live closer and probably get out up there more!). Keep in touch, I'm hoping next season I get much more time. Looking to do a couple snake road trips, a sauga trip, and at least one trip up to see some Wi Timbs!
williajb

Post by williajb »

those are some great pics.
mikephoto

Post by mikephoto »

Thanks williajb. I think this will be my last herping weekend. Forecast is predicting frost tonight.
HerpMan ATL

Post by HerpMan ATL »

Great post and beautiful photos