Simi Valley/Moorpark

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

devilfish79

Simi Valley/Moorpark

Post by devilfish79 »

Anyone in the Simi Valley/Moorpark area? My son lives out that way and would like to PM someone who herps in the area.

Thanks!

-Erik
billboard

Re: Simi Valley/Moorpark

Post by billboard »

Jed Udall lives up in that area.
quasimoto

Post by quasimoto »

I'm only about 10-15 miles from Moorpark, but I would love to have someone to go herping with myself....I'm definitely still amatuer (at best), but I love to get out and see as much as possible. How old is he? Feel free to give him my contact info (PM me here or email at [email protected]) and I would be down to go herping with him.

Thanks,
Rory West
devilfish79

Post by devilfish79 »

quasimoto wrote:I'm only about 10-15 miles from Moorpark, but I would love to have someone to go herping with myself....I'm definitely still amatuer (at best), but I love to get out and see as much as possible. How old is he? Feel free to give him my contact info (PM me here or email at [email protected]) and I would be down to go herping with him.

Thanks,
Rory West
Hey Rory,

Thanks for your response! My son and I would both be going herping out that way. My son is 12 and sometimes a little careless so I'd be afraid to let him go "alone" so-to-speak. Plus, I want to go see things too! :) I'll PM you my contact information and maybe we can set up a date.

Cheers,
Erik
quasimoto

Post by quasimoto »

Awesome, looking forward to it :) Im 22 myself. If you know of any spots around here that could be helpful too, I know of a couple but nothing too amazing. I just recently moved back here after 4 years of school and most of the places I used to hike when I was younger was not really with herping in mind. That said, I have found a tin spot or two :)
reako45

Post by reako45 »

I'm in Chatsworth on the other side (L.A. Co. side) of Simi, and herp the lower part of the Simi Foothills often.

reako45
liucommajames

Post by liucommajames »

I worked for a year for the national park service in the santa monica natl recreation area. you have a LOT of cool areas to your disposal for lizards and a few snakes. bobcats even. I'll have to scour my memory for the best spots but PM what you are looking for and i'll try to point you in the right direction.

James
Btowns_reptiles

Post by Btowns_reptiles »

Hi, I realize this post was in 2010 but I'm lookin for a herp buddy in simi also. Your son was 12 when this was posted and I'm 15 now so were probably the same age. I'm a little nervous to go alone because I'm new to it and a little spooked by the rattlers so if you're still interested email me at [email protected] thanks! - brendan