2 Banded Kraits and 2 Chinese Cobras

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

LouB747

2 Banded Kraits and 2 Chinese Cobras

Post by LouB747 »

I just got back from a 24 hr overnight in Hong Kong. Besides the kraits and cobras, I also saw 3 Red Necked Keelbacks and a Bamboo Pit Viper. Three lifers, two new friends. Good times.

Kelly Mc

Re: 2 Banded Kraits and 2 Chinese Cobras

Post by Kelly Mc »

That was wonderful, beautiful snakes and cool situ.

I really love the tone of your video and I will subscribe to your channel. It will be my first actual subscription to a youtube channel.

The little cobra is my favorite guy on this one. Thanks for sharing!
stlouisdude

Post by stlouisdude »

Great video :beer:
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Thanks for the nice comments and taking the time to watch. I'm not sure why I ask guys to subscribe. I don't get anything from it. I guess it's just knowing that people are watching and want to watch that drives me to try and make better videos. Editing is a love/hate thing with me. I try not to add narration afterwards and just move what I say in the field around a bit. Hopefully this comes across as natural.

Kelly, thanks for subscribing. I have some more videos in the works.

Lou
Jeroen Speybroeck

Post by Jeroen Speybroeck »

Loved it, as usual! Need to go there some day...
the_cw1

Post by the_cw1 »

Very cool stuff. You got a very lucky night--but, hey, when it happens it's fun like no other. :)
Neiloss

Post by Neiloss »

Hey Lou,

Another great video from an interesting place, cheers!
Surely only a matter of time before you runway cruise a snake from the cockpit...unless that's already happened?

Neil
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Thanks for the nice comments.

I haven't runway cruised a snake yet, but I do look for them while taxiing out in Bangkok. There are ditches next to the runway with water....I'm thinking somethings got to be in there.

If I ever see one on the taxiway in front of us, I'm stopping. I wonder what the tower will say. I'll definitely video it.
Carl Brune

Post by Carl Brune »

I really enjoyed the video. It's interesting that the snakes go into those concrete canals or whatever they are where there is no cover.
numpty

Post by numpty »

Great stuff. Did you get the impression that your friends usually get those kinds of numbers on an average night?
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

I believe the snakes get stuck in there. A few nights earlier, they found 1 cobra and 3 greater green snakes. Chinese Cobras are apparently common. Kraits are not though. It was a lifer for one of the other guys and only a second time find for the other. To find 2 was amazing.

It was a really strange night. They asked me what I wanted to see. I first said a red necked Keelback as I thought it was a reasonable request. We found that. They asked what else. I said cobra...and we found a cobra. This went on and on. I wanted a cleaner looking Keelback. I wanted a larger cobra. Got both those. Then I asked for a Krait and believe it or not we found it 5 mins later. Unreal. Then I said maybe sonething green. The bamboo pit viper was found seconds later.

At the end of the night as we were leaving I took a final look across the canal to see another Krait. Crazy.

We also saw 2 dead mock vipers.

Next time I guess I'll ask for a King Cobra.