My 2017 Herping/Wildlife Trip Videos

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

technoendo

My 2017 Herping/Wildlife Trip Videos

Post by technoendo »

2017 was a great year for herping, adventure, finding wildlife, and video editing. I've still got footage from another ~8 trips still to cut and publish from places like Las Vegas, Orlando, south Georgia, western Utah, San Diego, and various places in Oregon. Those of you that live in cooler northern regions with snow on the ground can enjoy one of my herping/wildlife trip videos from warmer times and maybe gain some inspiration for the coming 2018 herping season. I've been working very hard to try and improve over my 2016 herping trip videos.

See something you liked or didn't like? Tell me about it!

Follow me on Instagram if you wish, I'd especially like to follow more west coast herpers! https://www.instagram.com/technoendo_nwherpingoutdoors/
SidNeilson

Re: My 2017 Herping/Wildlife Trip Videos

Post by SidNeilson »

OMFG!! Is that last pic of you multitasking (herping and surfing) in South Bay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJdRZGePd0I

If so I want to see your results in video.
technoendo

Post by technoendo »

SidNeilson wrote:OMFG!! Is that last pic of you multitasking (herping and surfing) in South Bay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJdRZGePd0I

If so I want to see your results in video.
The Whale Shark video? I apologize if its misleading to see "herping" in the title of the video, "northwest herping outdoors" is the name of a video series. The whale shark snorkeling video did come from a herping trip to Baja to target the 5 toed mexican mole lizard with another FHF friend, but I had lots of bug/whale shark footage so I created different videos for them. Pardon if a few non-herp videos are in the list, I figure most herpers also probably see a lot of spiders/scorpions when flipping and wouldn't mind some bonus wildlife. Also I did not post any pics, I just posted a bunch of youtube videos and a link to an instagram account. Maybe the embedded youtube player isn't rendering correctly for some?

Cool surfing video. Surfing is not something I've tried but it sure would be cool to see somebody surf and herp! Maybe a surfer could spot a marine iguana, sea turtle, or sea snake? Surf Herpin' would be great fun.
SidNeilson

Post by SidNeilson »

"Cool surfing video. Surfing is not something I've tried but it sure would be cool to see somebody surf and herp! Maybe a surfer could spot a marine iguana, sea turtle, or sea snake? "

That's the idea I had. Yet from what I understand, in the 50 states, the only place sea snakes exist is the occasional yellow belly off southern California and maybe Hawaii. Where Desserts are the only iguanas nearby(Socal only).
technoendo

Post by technoendo »

A few more shorts...