YouTube: Made In The Wild

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

technoendo

YouTube: Made In The Wild

Post by technoendo »

Hey folks!

Recently I stumbled upon the "Made In The Wild" YouTube channel based in Australia and my mind was blown that they have a film crew, have been making wildlife videos for over a year, but were sitting right around 200 subscribers. I think these guys are doing such an impressive job, at a level of production quality similar to Brave Wilderness, but with FAR less sensationalism (though there still is some) and without trying to cash in on their audience. They have covered some other wildlife besides herps (stone fish, african lions, funnelweb spiders).

Some of you may not like this particular style of video and that is OK. I spend a lot of time in the YouTube herp video space and thought these guys were worth pointing out. Made In The Wild could make the leap from YouTube to television if they keep at it and if they get noticed. Their website is here: https://madeinthewild.tv/

Here is a full list of videos on their channel.

Below are a few videos they have published in the last 2 weeks:

Kelly Mc

Re: YouTube: Made In The Wild

Post by Kelly Mc »

I haven't had a chance to see all of them yet but what I have watched was refreshing, exciting and notably non wanky.

Its got a smooth, exciting pace and all of the people are cool and passionate. Thanks for the tip!
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

The baby Taipan appeared in my minds eye off an on all day yesterday. Had to work and it was good.

Ah just watched again, that little beauty was a baby Brown, correction.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Watched some more, loved Ang the snake catcher. Enjoy the 'Just another day at work' tone.

I too hope this show gets more attention