How to edit a post topic?

Extended discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Kelly Mc

How to edit a post topic?

Post by Kelly Mc »

For clarity, because of more relevant discussion, Id like to edit a post topic.

Kelly Mc

Re: How to edit a post topic?

Post by Kelly Mc »

Ok done. No need reply.

Porter

Post by Porter »

Was this really necessary lol I thought we were friends and I thought I displayed that in the nature of my response. Whatever. Play around with this idea… Add multiple attachments, select the “place in line option “then imagine you got distracted by someone’s response and go back and try to edit those four attachments and see with auto setting does. And make yourself tired and give yourself a headache and the attitude of not wanting to deal with it LOLLuckily, I was at least able to change twolong snake maps into one long though Snake map and get the ensatina photo back in place

And to give yourself a more close experience of what I am seeing, try doing it on multiple devices. I.e. laptop and iPhone, Simultaneously

Porter

Post by Porter »

And the reason I was doing that is because it’s easier to type on a laptop without getting literature mistakes… But I need the iPhone to take the screenshots of the photos to place Betweeneach paragraph. And when you have multiple attachments to place those photos Between each paragraph, well let’s just say the computer/robot isn’t as friendly as R2-D2🤷🏻‍♂️

Whatever is going on inside of your head about me, it’s not accurate

3704AA2B-9968-48CA-9935-82BB4CD9154E.png

Porter

Post by Porter »

And I might as well just clear this up right now just in case people don’t get it… The dinosaur hand puppet does not mean I’m a psycho pathic lunatic with a split personality. Old ass Rex is the equivalent of Jim Henson‘s Kermit the frog. Old ass Rexis inspired by a movie called “stepbrothers “and in the movie the dad tells those guys to “not give up on your dinosaur“ that’s old rice Rex. Old ass Rex is the dinosaur of the hobby of filled herping. Meaning, I’m not making fun of anybody but myself. Gosh dammit, at least make me make fun of myself since no one can take a goshdarn joke

And the reason there’s a theme of moral debate between the two characters, is because I spent 10 years of my life writing music that teaches children who listen to rap music how to be a good moral people. So again, I making fun Myself. My “dinosaur” is filled herping and my “dinosaur “is being a teacher of right and wrong. And the reason I devoted 10 years of my life to teach lost kids Who listen to rap music, how to make good moral decisions, by using the lyrics of my rap music for enlightenment, is because I saved a little girl from being raped by eight wannabe gang banger kids who are all around the ages of 9-13 years old. And stopping that little girl from being raped and possibly stabbed by a knife in a park at dark, effected my life enough to devote it To teaching the importance of moral quality. But That was a silly thing for me to do, because you can never make an evil person listen to a good message if they’re already choosing the choice of an evil decision, because it will never appeal to them. No matter how you create a medicine/pill of moral enlightenment and candy coated with evil chocolate to make them swallow it… It comes down to is everyone has their path in life and God is the one in control of those things. So I stop trying to play God and I just let people do whatever the hell they want. They want to be evil, fine. But knowing that about myself, I have to poke fun at myself thinking that I ever had the power to be such an influence to begin with. I’m sorry I’m a multi layer person that people just don’t get because they never chose the path that I chose, I will forever be confusing, and women will forever be afraid of me, and that’s just something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life

Unfortunately I’m just a Lonely fading parody of the man I once was. And I’m sorry that I stagnant this forum with it from time to time but I got nothing else to do

Porter

Post by Porter »

And I like chocolate… And I don’t think chocolate is evil… And I never thought chocolate was evil… As a matter fact I got chocolate milk in the fridge right now LOL it’s just a powerful choice of words to get a message across. You’re just miss judging it because you can’t hear my voice

Porter

Post by Porter »

It’s a metaphor. That’s what influential Creative writers do. They write metaphors. This one is about chocolate coded medicine. But it’s not about chocolate coated medicine. It’s about music that has a positive influence without it being recognized by someone seeking to be a bad person by listening to bad music so they can be cool like the bad kids Lol

For chrissake, somebody get me a psychiatrist. Is there a psychiatrist in the house? This isn’t a house. I know it’s not a house. It’s a forum. Never once did I think it was a house. It’s a reference to something funny, that somebody else said, that other people thought was funny

Porter

Post by Porter »

So long story short… Old ass Rex is not about you. It’s not about old ass people. It’s not about Dick. It’s not about Jane. It’s not about somebody else I’m not gonna name. It’s not about a frog screaming at the sky to make it rain. It’s about I’m done with this form because I’m friggin going insane 🤪

Porter

Post by Porter »

I’m flying home 👋 👽 good luck 🌍 🚀

Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

What? What are you talking about? You're way off man.

If anybody called me Old Ass Rex I would consider it a compliment.

You think too much.

Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Beautiful Garters. The snakiest Snake.

Porter

Post by Porter »

Over the weekend I came across some thing that caught my eye at 7-Eleven… I was looking for a beer, and I saw what looked like a beer misplaced in the water section. Liquid Death… Being a huge fan of water in a box and garbage pail kids, I figured I had to try it. Then it occurred to me, after just now googling it and viewing the advertisements. Nearly 20 years after me trying to do this with rap music, here they are doing the same strategy to market water to kids. Making good look cool… Something I learned from Kurt Cobain at a young age.

there is definitely a deeper, “big picture” message here. Ultimately, if we can’t get the younger generations to get on board with global warming, and everything that comes with combating it… We may very well be facing a, “liquid death. “

Anyways, I thought you would appreciate seeing this lol 🙂 Authentically. No sarcasm

Porter

Post by Porter »

And anyone who places a mountain kingsnake on a pedestal higher than a gartersnake… Is clearly not seeing the big picture 💁🏻‍♂️ 👀 😬

🤭 🤐 ✌🏻

Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

That was funny, the chick I mean. Im cleaning up so my attention is spotty.

I sure dont put any species on pedestals over others,. Im not even that swooney over bright colors shoot many of my favorite guys are dressed in browns but what catches my eye are their angles or the way they carry themselves.

Porter

Post by Porter »

Kelly Mc wrote:
September 28th, 2021, 8:48 pm

I sure dont put any species on pedestals over others,. Im not even that swooney over bright colors shoot many of my favorite guys are dressed in browns but what catches my eye are their angles or the way they carry themselves.
I know. I wasn’t intending that directly to you. Nor anyone else. I shouldn’t even have said it, but The thought popped in my mind right as I was getting to the end of writing the post comment. I’m just as guilty… Everyone has a favorite. I get really hyped up over seeing morphs and aberrant‘s. I suppose that’s the same as getting hyped over a mountain kingsnake.

The thing with the mountain king snakes I don’t like and I feel obligated to say something about, because I notice it, is what they symbolize in the herping community. Or more so, what they inspire… here’s a recent example:

Back when the George Floyd riots were going on, someone posted a photograph of a mountain king snake on Instagram. It was the first photo in a photo group. If anyone isn’t familiar with Instagram, you can post small albums where The top photo is visible and you scroll to the left to see the photos behind it. So this person posted a photo of a mountain kingsnake and it had a caption beneath it that read something to the effect of “Swipe left to learn how to find a mountain kingsnake… “ then the photos behind it were propaganda against the police Department as a whole.

Now here is what I find very disturbing about this. In fact it infuriated me when I saw it!
This is a perfect example of the mentality of mountain kingsnake enthusiast. They know the effect it has on other Herpers in the community. Just by the caption that was written, This person knew he would get several views to push his political opinion. And to an audience of mostly kids and young teens. People who have never found a mountain kingsnake were the target of this post. Now if this person posted a gartersnake, with the caption beneath it “to find a garter snake swipe left” it wouldn’t get as much attention. So the power that the mountain king snake has within the Herping community, that is without a doubt a very lustful attraction, sickens me and it has for years. This is just a recent example but I’ve seen tons of stuff like this over the last 10 years. I believe in equality, among people and serpents. All things! So it really bothered me that every policeman in the world was being slandered by The lust for a mountain king snake…

Now this is a hard thing for me to say. In fact, when I wrote it before leaving for work, I had pain in my heart for a good hour before it went away. And it’s due to the thought that I’m gonna hurt some people that I know personally and people I don’t know personally. It’s like I’m saying that they’re bad people for favoring a Mountain kingsnake. I’m sure most people would try to connect it to Brian Hubbs because of his book. But that’s not the case. It is in no form whatsoever an attack on Brian or anyone else personally. It’s more just a shout of awareness that there’s something wrong with it. I can’t ignore it and it bothers me every time it’s brought to my attention. It makes me Not want to find one of those snakes and has in fact made it the least searched for snake species over the last 10 years for me. I almost feel ashamed to go look for it. So I’m not trying to attack anyone to hurt anyone’s feelings or piss anyone off. But it seems to me that there’s something very wrong with the status that snake has been put at. And I get it… They’re not a easy snake to find and it takes some time knowledge and hard effort to find one. Anyone that does succeed, deserves a certain amount of credit for putting in that time and effort. But just to put it as simple as possible, I just don’t like what they stand for… The snake as symbolic icon

Porter

Post by Porter »

Now I will say this on the behalf of the Instagram post’s author…

It’s not like this person is an evil person… Devil, or a demon. Werewolf child eating mongrel …Lol I knew him personally and I can assure you that he has a love and respect for not only all types of herps, but all animals. And it’s my opinion that he probably created that post from the standpoint that he was sick of people always asking him where to go to find a mountain kingsnake… So I think he probably agrees with me to Some point, on some level. Those snakes were something he was successful with and they gained him some popularity. Probably Unwanted

It was intense times politically and that just rubbed me the wrong way. He is still a good person. I just thought he went to far with that

Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I understand. What I find myself doing is mentally deleting human values or, ugh, to use an over used term - 'constructs' about reptiles and amphibians and as they come through fresh not one is trite or steeped in a coarse influence, they are all perfect swans, all evolutionary classics.

That is why insitu portraits are so nice to look at.