Gear

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

TimCO

Gear

Post by TimCO »

http://www.cafepress.com/rmfhf

Sold at cost. Must be qualified to wear VDT. 8-)
Lizardman1988

Re: Gear

Post by Lizardman1988 »

Very neat. I guess I'm not qualified to wear the VDT since I don't have a clue what it means :roll:
Matt Cage

Post by Matt Cage »

I'm qualified!
RobK

Post by RobK »

I'm a proud owner of a VDT shirt. VDT = Vehicle Demolition Team (Vehicles must be damaged while herping).

Some examples of VDT:

Reenactment of Joe pushing my car off an embankment while looking for herps
How to get back up
Eli's rental car in Mexico
Eli's car after big boulder rolled off the side of a hill while road cruising and smashed it
Damage to side of my Honda from embankment trip, it still makes funny noises when I take a sharp left turn.

Other's are older and wiser than I am, they use rental cars as their entry into the VDT (with the exception of Tim's missing bumper trick last year out east).
RobK

Post by RobK »

herpseeker1978

Post by herpseeker1978 »

RobK wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TimCO

Post by TimCO »

I was hoping for a glamour shot, but this'll do. It's my quadrangulare in the Patagonias face.
Brandon, !

Post by Brandon, ! »

LoL!

Sweet gear.
spiltbeerpirate
Location: Home: Huntington Beach, Work: Kandahar, Afghanistan

Post by spiltbeerpirate »

Well I wasn't sure what VDT was either. I think I qualify, if not from a single incident, then at least from repetative vehicle abuse. Can tell you the times I've taken my vehicle off road and scraped and bottomed and burried the axle. lol. When I traded in my 95' Mustang they would only give me $150, and the mechanic came in to ask me what I'd been doing in that car, said he found dirt and sand in the strangest places and that the frame was even damaged and couldnt believe that it was drivable. Herping and sports cars....its possible, just dont expect much of a resale value. :o
t3ch

Post by t3ch »

I think I can say William qualifies now... The other night we were searching for pipiens when we cam across a flooded roadway.. the water was easily over a foot deep...

Matt Cage

Post by Matt Cage »

It's tough to rip the front and rear bumper off a rental car at once, but I did that! Some here were witnesses.
RobK

Post by RobK »

Matt Cage wrote:It's tough to rip the front and rear bumper off a rental car at once, but I did that! Some here were witnesses.
It's pretty bad when both you and Tim have to wear disguises just to rent a car.
RobK

Post by RobK »

RobK

Post by RobK »

To keep your VDT status current, the bylaws state, "You must have a VDT incident at least every other year in order to maintain good standing as a VDT member". This is what happens when a huge deer runs into the side of your vehicle at full speed. It's a Kansas thing.