Leave it to China...

Press clippings from around the world.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ThatFrogGuy

Re: Leave it to China...

Post by ThatFrogGuy »

I actually just saw dyed clawed frogs at pet store the other day. Sad.
And those live keychains....I had no idea people were really that stupid. TURTLES NEED AIR AND LAND!! And it is still really cruel for the fish too. Douchebags.
RenoBart

Post by RenoBart »

You saw the dyed frogs here in the States?

Wow....Bart
ThatFrogGuy

Post by ThatFrogGuy »

RenoBart wrote:You saw the dyed frogs here in the States?

Wow....Bart
Yep. Red and blue. Dyeing is actually very common in aquaculture. For instance, "cherry plecos" are albino Plecostomus catfish injected with red dye.
Ross Padilla

Post by Ross Padilla »

I can't believe some people actually believe its alright to keep any kind of animal confined in a tiny little space like that. Not only that but they take it with them everywhere they go. I'm sure they get swung around and even dropped sometimes. Seeing that little turtle in that little plastic container made me sad and pissed off at the same time. That is just horrible. I hope something is done to stop that soon.
crocdoc

Post by crocdoc »

ack! I'm lost for words at the mindless cruelty of humans.
KingCam

Post by KingCam »

I don't see how the "living keychains" live more than 2 days max. People are sick.
TravisK

Post by TravisK »

They are supposed to buy them and carry them around for the day and then cut the plastic and insert new pet into habitat. But that still doesn't make this any better.
rtdunham

Post by rtdunham »

At a fine hotel in san francisco--i think it was the hyatt regency--maybe 35 years ago I saw a woman on the dance floor with neon tetras in the transparent heel of each of her shoes.
withalligators

Post by withalligators »

ugh. I hope some sensible folks in china step up to put a stop to this.
I wonder if the article is wrong and this is a form of merit making. Although I've never been to China, I've seen in other buddhist countries where peddlers will sell turtles, birds and fish right outside temples and tourist lakes and such. The point being that you are supposed to let it go for some good karma. Annoyingly, the turtles are often unsuited to lake habitat, and quite often are red eareds. The fish they just fish out of the lake in the morning or the night before. Either way it's capitalism in its worst form.