Nikon 10.5 DX fisheye in action

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

DarwinsBulldog

Nikon 10.5 DX fisheye in action

Post by DarwinsBulldog »

SO I thought I would share a little mix of my 10.5 DX fisheye in action. This is the only wide angle I have used and am actually in the market for a FX wide angle and am seriously considering the 14mm after originally being tempted by the 14-24 zoom. Please let me know if any of you have any feedback shooting herps with the 14mm prime. I am very curious how the 14mm would compare as far as ghosting and flaring are concerned when you cant avoid the harsh sun getting into view. Ok so back to the 10.5, its pretty sharp and has been a fun lens but I would love to have something straight and bust out the fisheye when I just want to go for that look. A very bright sky is always difficult with such a wide view and shooting low, but a blue bird sky is awesome! I wish it was easier to get a ND filter on it. Oh, and You also cant get close enough with this lens, its nuts!

Imageboxturtle810 by Greg Strait, on Flickr

Imagetoadstyle by Greg Strait, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1337 by Greg Strait, on Flickr

Imageslimy9 by Greg Strait, on Flickr

Imagehornedtoad22 by Greg Strait, on Flickr

Imagesnapper303 by Greg Strait, on Flickr

Imagewoodhousetoad101 by Greg Strait, on Flickr

Imagewaxwings2 by Greg Strait, on Flickr
Russ Jerome

Re: Nikon 10.5 DX fisheye in action

Post by Russ Jerome »

I really like the subject level shots like Snapper, when on center the subject really jumps at you. The off center ones look cool to "me" but I think the centered ones at eye level would look great to all. Again I like them a lot!