CALL FOR ENTRIES: HERP PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD
SWCHR is proud to announce the 2018 Hans F. Koenig Award for Excellence in Herpetological Photography is now accepting entries! We now have a Junior Category for under-18 entries; both Adult and Junior Categories have a cash prize. Current members of SWCHR can enter for free. Non-members may enter upon receipt of their membership application and dues via our site www.southwesternherp.com/join.html. Please share this information with your friends!
- Entrants may enter up to 3 photos.
- Photos must be emailed to [email protected]. A confirmation email will be sent when photos are successfully received.
- Each photo entered must include species name, county and state where the photo was taken, and the date the photo was taken. Preference is given to photos taken in 2018.
- Must be an animal occurring naturally in the six-state SWCHR region of interest (AZ, CA, NM, NV, TX, UT). While we support research on introduced species, the intent of this award is to showcase native species.
- Captive specimens may be used as subjects but must be photographed in a natural setting.
- Criteria for judging include the following:
-- Choice of subject matter
-- Originality and creativity
-- Viewer impact and appeal
-- Appropriate use/control of light and shadow
-- Overall sharpness of the image and appropriate use of depth-of-field
-- Choice of background
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, Feb 22nd.
- Winner will be announced no later than March 8th.
- Winner in the Adult category will receive $100 cash prize. Winner in the Junior category will receive $50 cash prize.
- Winner agrees to the use of their winning photo on the four 2019 issues of the SWCHR Bulletin emailed to members and university partners.
Photography knowledge exchange.
Moderator: Scott Waters
1 post • Page 1 of 1