Captive Care Videos

Captive care and husbandry.

Moderator: Scott Waters

hcarlton

Captive Care Videos

Post by hcarlton »

It's that time of year where I really don't have much option for going out and looking for ectothermic wildlife, so I attempt to make videos focusing on the animals within the house. Just posted up a new one, pertaining to the largest snake I have and the details on their general care needs (and hopefully reminding new keepers that not every snake is amenable to every keeper):
Kelly Mc

Re: Captive Care Videos

Post by Kelly Mc »

What a pretty girl - I love retics so much, for all the reasons you describe.

I hope you share more of your captive work whether its cold outside or not.

All the Best!
hcarlton

Post by hcarlton »

I will; takes time to make the vids (especially as I often alternative between plants and animals) so even during the winter season might only get a few out.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Great content. Worth the wait. You're like an old soul on all the right edges and very credible and comfortable to listen to.
hcarlton

Post by hcarlton »

You have no idea how much comments like that are appreciated!
The channel can always use support too, if you can encourage others to watch or subscribe, or if you're willing to become a patron to support (links are always in the vid descriptions). If I can get to the point where I can regularly afford to sit down and make a vid every other week even one day, that would be a dream.
hcarlton

Post by hcarlton »

Brand new video out now, featuring bullsnakes:
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I think your individual videos deserve their own titled posts, if you dont mind my saying so.

Warm, dignified tribute to a great American snake.
hcarlton

Post by hcarlton »

If you think they should be, and they won't just clutter the section, I will keep that in mind for future ones. I was putting them all here just to kind of keep my stuff in one place so it didn't fill the forum.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I dont know if filling the forum is anything to worry about. Or clutter etc. or if that is words going over my head. Haha.
What I do know is that there will be bullsnakes out there in possession and their circumstances depend on tangible and intangible factors. Sometimes a person doesnt set out to have a snake but find themselves caring for one. If they find good information then the internet is working.