A field guide to the amphibians and reptiles of Sonora, MX

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Fieldnotes

A field guide to the amphibians and reptiles of Sonora, MX

Post by Fieldnotes »

I received a copy of this book today and I have yet to put it down. I have one word to describe it — OUTSTANDING!
snakenole

Re: A field guide to the amphibians and reptiles of Sonora,

Post by snakenole »

Good to hear. That's on my list. I was hoping to find it at the Daytona show yesterday, but no luck. I'll order it from the ECO web site. What in particular do you like about it?
Fieldnotes

Post by Fieldnotes »

There are many things that I appreciate about the book — the animal descriptions are great, even describing the fine details needed for distinguishing the very similar appearing whiptails; detailed range maps; filled with color pictures; contains every known species of the region, including small colonies of introduced species. The book is well bound with a profession text layout and the text has novel information not found in other articles. I cherish this book as I do Lee Grismer's book on Baja California.
snakenole

Post by snakenole »

Thanks. It sounds great. I'm looking forward to getting it. I have Grismer's Baja book and agree that it is very well done. I met him at an IHS meeting in New Orleans several years ago and he's a great guy.

BTW, I gotta look up the book you have as your avatar. That's a new for me and sounds interesting.