A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

colorblind_mf

A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand

Post by colorblind_mf »

I recently went into a local bookstore other than my typical go-to, Barnes & Noble. Surprisingly, they had quite the selection of "oddball" subjects for a reasonable price. Everything from Arctic and Alpine Mycology to one of my personal favorite authors, Richard Dawkins. I came across "A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand" (Chan-And et. al.) and couldn't turn it down at the price. Hardcover, perfect condition, but unfortunately missing the dust cover. Extremely informative, with detailed illustrations, descriptions and keys, although its utility is limited until I actually make a trip to go see Thailand. I don't see these available often and was curious what they typically go for? There are two more left on the shelf, I am considering picking them up either as gifts for friends or for resale. If someone could let me know what a reasonable price would be, it would be much appreciated.
Jeff

Re: A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand

Post by Jeff »

New paperbacks are $42 from the publisher, but you can find them online for a little less (mine was $39). I don't know the hardback price, as Oxford Press offers it in paperback. Coming from Oxford, there were probably many printed, and Oxford has regular discount catalogs. Buying expensive hardbacks may be imprudent considering the availability of cheap paperbacks.

Jeff
intermedius

Re: A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand

Post by intermedius »

Just a little feedback on the book... It's good, but as some herpetologists have pointed out – it has a lot of errors.

See here:

https://pauwelsolivier.com/docs/Pauwels ... Review.pdf

Then again, it's one of the few books that covers the entire country and isn't limited to a specific group.

– Justin