Venom Doc(Bryan Grieg Fry)'s Memoirs

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Hans Breuer (twoton)

Venom Doc(Bryan Grieg Fry)'s Memoirs

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Just found this on Amazon. Fromn what I know of Bryan's more casual writing, this should be a good read. Anybody read it yet?
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Re: Venom Doc(Bryan Grieg Fry)'s Memoirs

<bump!>
stlouisdude

Post by stlouisdude »

I'm about half way through it now. It's a good read.
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Thank you! We expect a full report upon completion! :-)
Hans Breuer (twoton)

No report? Well, I'll have to deliver my own then:

Just finished reading this. Can't wait to read it again. This is one of the most interesting and educational books by a herper (if you can call Bryan Grieg Fry that) or about herping (if you can call his job that) I've ever had the pleasure to read, and it is by far the funniest. Laugh-out loud passages occur in high concentration, despite the occasional sinister topic. If you're interested in snakes, venomous animals, or just biology in general, and like your educational intake accompanied by an interminable grin on your face, this is for you. Thanks very much for writing this, Bryan. (Warning: the blurbs on the front and back of the Hachette edition seem to pander a bit to the primitive sensitivities of the average "WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!" viewer. Instead of telling you that this is a highly informative and bloody hilarious book on science, travel and adventure, it concentrates on the number of snake bites and broken bones Bryan has suffered, and the submachine-toting bodyguards at Bryan's wedding. Just ignore the package, and you'll find the actual content an intensely rewarding ride.)
snakenole

Post by snakenole »

Hans Breuer (twoton) wrote:No report? Well, I'll have to deliver my own then:

Just finished reading this. Can't wait to read it again. This is one of the most interesting and educational books by a herper (if you can call Bryan Grieg Fry that) or about herping (if you can call his job that) I've ever had the pleasure to read, and it is by far the funniest. Laugh-out loud passages occur in high concentration, despite the occasional sinister topic. If you're interested in snakes, venomous animals, or just biology in general, and like your educational intake accompanied by an interminable grin on your face, this is for you. Thanks very much for writing this, Bryan. (Warning: the blurbs on the front and back of the Hachette edition seem to pander a bit to the primitive sensitivities of the average "WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!" viewer. Instead of telling you that this is a highly informative and bloody hilarious book on science, travel and adventure, it concentrates on the number of snake bites and broken bones Bryan has suffered, and the submachine-toting bodyguards at Bryan's wedding. Just ignore the package, and you'll find the actual content an intensely rewarding ride.)

Thanks for the quick review. I've had this on my radar for a while now. I have so many books in the queue already, but hey, what's one more?